Saturday, May 29, 2010


Normally...I won't talk about work. But today, lets be abnormal and make an exception.
Few days ago, my FOM (Front Office Manager) was at the front desk with me and my colleague that was on the same shift that day. We were discussing and joking about stuffs and he asked "ARDE this year who wanna go?" I was thinking, "ARDE (Assosiation of Rooms Division Executives Singapore)? we all went for it already what"

And he said, "No, who wanna run for Receptionist of the Year?"

Remember I did say in one of my entries that I wanted to actually be one of them? *haha* Guess what my FOM said, "Aimi, I will put you. I won't change my mind unless there will someone better fitting the position. Until then, you will be the one ok?"

I showed the "are you sure?!" face but in my heart I was elated!! Within a year (not even a year actually) I can achieve alot of things. I believe I AM in the right line and I AM where my capabilities are showed and recognised :) I did ask why I might be running for it and he simply said, "you know how to talk." I was like WHAT? Talk what? Talk how? *haha* Very funny but yet super happy :)) Thanks to my favourite FOM :) He's the best FOM ever! Bought for us all OPI nail polish and bring us sight seeing, book chalet, do barbeque, treat us makan,n blanja the peeps ciggarettes and even go clubbing with us! He's fun :) He will be the reason I stay (longer). *Hehe*

Our renovated hotel in Orchard, the one that has Swensen's outdoors, will be opening soon and I'm so freaking envious of their new uniform. ITS SO NICE YOU CAN WEAR IT FOR NORMAL OUTING! Really, I was so jealous, the ladies uniform is so beautiful.And the best part, it's all BLACK! *sigh* Why didn't I opt for GPO?! *hmm* It's ok, I wouldn't want a lady boss as a FOM. I'm a follower of my current FOM. Like I said, he's the reason I stay :)

Met Darling yesterday along with Izat, Amsyar and Hussien to watch Alan and Apple sing for the Singing Chef @ the Esplanade. Shahid and I planned our roster so that I can accomodate my off day so that it falls on his off day. He'll start flying already. If I can't be happy for him, who will. He knows I will always be jealous and at the end of the day, it's just a thing called WORK. Oh yes, talk about flying, I had prepared my interview speech for Silkair. Tiada usaha, tiada maknanye. So I made a best of the best acception letter for me to memorise to rock their socks off! *haha* Awaiting their next intake in 5 months time :D

Yes people, the Great Singapore Sale has started and I already bought my first item, a pair of heels at Charles and Keith. I wanna buy some flats at a new shop at Marina Square. The shop looks like Rubi. *haha* So KPO ah these shops. Anyways, I had been doing afternoon shift for the longest time that will continue till next week. Everyone wants to work morning and take PH and leave. I have 4 pending PH and 13 days of leave. *sigh* When to take? *pondering* Mum's Birthday and Shahid's Birthday coming up. Maybe another short getaway again? *Hehe*

That's all the updates for now folks, Happy Long Weekend :)


No comments: