Tuesday, June 15, 2010

And The Reason Is...

No. Not you. LOL!
This entry is a pick up for the last. Wanna know why?
Coz I am officially running for the title Receptionist Of The Year!
Thanks to my dearest FOM CT Lim.

@>-+-+-+-+-+<@

I was so stressed that I had to do Operator on my A shift today. Y stress? Coz I hate, HATE, being desk bound and a boring place to be at on a relaxing working day at that. Not many departures and arrivals are so-so. The norm. The tension was actually rising at the back office. And I wanna interact with people. I die of boredom just waiting to pick up calls! LOL!

The time for makan came, and the opportunity to go out to the front desk presented itself when my supervisor claim hours. Sooo...eventually I went out *wide smile* alongside with Ijah and Muhammad and Siva. 3 gerek people, iLOIKE! :) Becoz it wasn't busy, we laugh, talked loudly, joked and gossip like nobody's business. Soon, the FOM came out and whatelse, joke with us also lah. And that's where he officially confirm to take me as one of the participants running for ROTY this year, as approved by my General Manager also :) YIPPIE! I was at the same time, drop dead worried and also so FUXITED!

He asked me to go to his office and that's where he wrote my name in that participation form. They're paying $380 just for me to run this competition. The bars raised, definitely, so many times higher for me. Expectations too! I'm so afraid i don't reach or meet that expectations. There are so many "what ifs" when i should be asking "what should i do". My mum supports me all the way, Shahid too. Their support means the world to me. And Nora (last year's participant) will gladly help me thru and my FOM will be my mentor, some sort like Jackie Chan in Karate Kid *grins* I really need all the help and guidance I can. But someone said I need to learn this on my own and whatever I prepare at work I have to face it alone. How can?!

It's only coming to 8 months, i repeat ONLY EIGHT months that I've been in the hotel line and with the company and I'm already recognised and this means something. I wondered why me out of the rest? Some have been with the company for more than a year and more experienced than me yet I was still chosen. Like FOM said, 'you know how to talk'. Ok, whatever it is, its good and its getting me somewhere. I get to attain the WSQ course, gain experience, raise my standards and if I win, I'll fly to NZL next January to compete internationally. Cool right!

I had dreamt of this and now that its come true I will make the best of it. Winner will also win $1000, get a trophy, go New Zealand and a sponsorship for WSQ Diploma in Tourism. And I really want that, especially the sponsorship! I've already invested (and WASTED) $4K at Kaplan which I will not continue. Can't wait for the study loan to finish this December. yahoo~!! I can finally start saving for our wedding :) Firstly cant wait for our engagement 171010, it'll be the start of something beautiful *love, love*

The reason I was talking about at the beginning was about why all these good things are coming my way. If I had gone for the cabin crew interviews or applied for other jobs like tour agents and desk bound job, I won't be able to have all these coming at me. This wonderful opportunity of a lifetime. I finally realize why GOD did not let me get Jestar, Silkair or Emirates etc2, because HE wanted to give me something even more better and appreciate and make use of what I still have and will do with it. A reason only HE knows at that point of time and wanted me to have it when the time is right. Like a friend used to mention, does not mean what you thought is best for you, is what you will get. Rezeki di tangan Allah and semua yang terjadi adalah kebaikan untuk hambaNya di masa DIA kehendaki.

Therefore, patience is really a VIRTUE :)

Pray that I will get thru all this and make it to the finals, all the way to the international level, AMIN :)

No comments: