I Dreamed A Dream
In the morning I was late. Not late for my interview. But late to prepare myself 15-30 mins before it starts. Didn't have time to compose myself and prepare and was breathless and sweating and.... *sigh* created a bad impression. *double sigh*
I wish I could turn back time. I wished I had finished everything on that written test. I left most of it blank and I didn't tell Boss coz it'll dissapoint him that the person he has appointed actually did not meet his expectations. That high expectations he has of me.
Honestly I was taken aback to the questions. I can't believe on competition level I actually am incompetent while I know very well at the tip of my fingers, that I'm more capable of doing great things at work; WOW the guests. But still I did badly this morning :( I'm more dissapointed in myself that anybody else.
Its a good lesson, a good experience,a good highlight/credentials for me to put on my resume. It's ok. Even if I don't get through the finals, I'll have that experience with me.
Intial plan was to fail as I wanted to go for airline interviews, wait for bonus and quickly pack and go. But after today I feel that I should have done so much. I was blessed with an opportunity. Only 10 months old! Talking about my work duration, I hope they take into consideration that I was very VERY new to the industry, the company, BUT that is not to be used as an EXCUSE!
There is just one question in the interview I totally would have got spot on and perfected it. They asked "Tell me more about Raffles Hotel, Old Lady Of the East" I was like who the hell or what the hell was that?? I searched the net on a lappy and I hated it. They should have provided a mouse but yet again that shouldn't be an excuse. *SIGH* I didn't find my answer twice even after they went back to the question. On the 2nd time when they gave me a hint, I gave a very wrong answer. That aside, I really hope all my other questions was answered in a manner I was always trained. And also I pray that mywritten test plays a very small percentage in the overall marking. I really sucked. The kids in the Biz Centre was so much of a distraction and I didn't run through the paper first and look at the questions before answering. Yes yes I know, excuses.
My only concern now, I pray that I had made a good impression in their minds to ward off all the other "silly" mistakes I made. Just my luck to get 2 lady judges and only a male judge. I know, I go in and go out, I greeted, I smiled and told them to have a nice day.
Results will be announced at dinner at Charcoal on the 1st of October. Its my birthday month. Please God, bring me good news for my birthday :( Amin. InsyaAllah.
Now all I can do is Tawakal je lah dan sabar menanti. If I don't get thru the finals, I'll just accept it with an open heart. Hopefully I'm strong enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment