:.:.: Let's Talk about Work :.:.:
I hate this word, WORK.
It can be define in so many ways which is up to each individual's perseption on work. Once you're fresh out of school, you've already attained your highest qualification (that you can go), it's time for you to face the real world; the working world.
We see our parents everyday slog it out, day and night just to keep food on the table. When their time is up, for them to retire, it'll be our turn to put food on the table and then care for them like how they care for us when we are small and still schooling.
And when the time comes when we have our own family, we will then have to care for our partners and children too.
WOOUHH..stop right there.
*haha* If I continue further I'll be talking about marriage, which I always do to that someone actually :)
So here's the thing, people always ask. "What do you wanna be?" "What do you wanna do?"
I tell myself, I have alot of things in mind that I wanna be when I grow up. I wanna be an air-stewardess, criminal lawyer, journalists, tour guide, radio DJ. I have alot of ambition growing up. Alot of things relating to meet the people frontline, interaction, travelling. YES, I wish to travel the world, and not in 80 days, but take my time on every country. I wanna take the airplane and cruises :)
I can't become a stewardess, I can't work on a cruise ship, so my alternative? I work in the tourism sector. I wanted to work under STB, any prestigious hotels and one of the IRs. I joined RWS but the work is not what I wanted to do. I can't get a jobat STB, somehow it's so damn difficult to apply for it. So what's left? Hotel that is ;)
Next week will be the start of my training. Probation 3 months. Standard lor. And this time, I'm gonna make my work, my passion. Some people work for money, some people make their money work, but me? I belong to that minority, where people work for passion. Nowadays it's very hard to find people that work for their interests. Alot of people I know go for better paying job which does not involve what they like or maybe what they had studied. Weird? In the first place why study that subject if later in life you won't pursue it? Waste of money?? I don't care. I don't care if at the start I'm paid nuts. I'll work my way up, I'll pursue further studies if I have the money and I'll work hard for it.
I knew some friends who had some friends working in the budget hotels. You know how bugdet hotels work right? They earn alot! Their revenue? Those who go in for few hours of pleasures. From all races and all walks of life. I don't wanna be involved or in malay subahat in this kindda operation.
Well, we'll see for far this passion will go and whether that spark will last my lifetime :) I pray God will always lead to do all things good which is always blessed by Him.
On a random note - mirror mirror on the wall, show the fairest of them all...
*
**
***
****
*****
******
*******
*****
****
***
**
*
This was taken at IKEA Tampines

ps: i need to revamp my room!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment